Sunday, May 15, 2011

I will dance

When I was a little girl I would put on dresses and make up and turn on music and then I would get in the middle of a room and dance as if I had a thousand people watch me. My heart would beat and my mind would go to a place of such peace. Those days there wasn't much to do or worry about nothin. My heart was as free as I can remember. I would run and play and imagin. I would dance and sing and laugh. Nothing could stop me, not even my school work that my mother would nearly have to drag me by my ear to sit and do. My life was a dream. Everyday was a new day. Everyday was its own day. I didn't think about the next day or what I had to do that weekend, unless there was a slumber party to look forward to. I just lived each day like it was that day and that day only. I still dance to my hearts content, but I worrie about tomorrow to much. I know who holds my tomorrow so why can't I dance with the peace. I did when I was a little girl.

1 comment:

  1. I remember those days so intimately, sweetheart! And you were soooo free to create your day each day! Try not to worry tooo much about tomorrow! Daddy & I can attest to the fact that it will come with it's own troubles. Just live today as best you can! Love, Momma

    ReplyDelete